My DVD Maker is a DirectShow Application. You'll need to update your DirectX to DirectX 9.0 for better performance. For some video formats, you will need some additional codecs to decode the movies. Such as, AVI(DivX, Xvid), WMV, and RM. Most codecs are free to use. You can find the download addresses below.
Video & Audio Codec requirement:
Other applications you may need to install:
- Convert RM, RMVB to DVD : You need to install Real Alternative codec. download Real_Alternative
- Convert QuickTime(MOV) to DVD : You need to install; QuickTime Alternative codec. download QuickTime_Alternative
- Download ALL IN ONE Codec Pack 22.214.171.124 , it includes:
- DivX 6.1.1
- XviD Codec 1.1
- DivX, XviD - FFDShow 17.02.2005 Alpha
- MPEG2 126.96.36.199
- Subtitles G400 2.83
- Subtitles DVobSub (Win9x, Win2k and WinXP) 2.23, 2.33
- OGG Vorbis 0.9.9.5
- AC3 1.01a RC5
- Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher 0.99
ASPI download If the DVD burner fails to burn the DVD, please install the aspi .
- ffdshow . Some movies need this. You can download it from: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow
- DirectX run time. You can download DirectX run time from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads/default.asp.
- Windows Media Player .
You'd better update your media player to the latest version. Converting some WMVs to DVD will work better and faster.